What you need;
– Dutch oven
– 25 ml olive oil
– 1,5 kg de-boned chuck steak, cut into blocks
– 1 chopped onion
– 2 chopped cloves of garlic
– 25 ml paprika
– 1 tsp chilly powder (or fresh chilies to taste)
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 25 ml tomato paste
– 1 can diced tomatoes (or two freshly diced tomatoes)
– 1 cup Coca Cola
– 1 cup red wine
– Sour cream
– Mixed fresh herbs (basil, parsley, rocket, coriander)
– Fresh bread
How to prepare;
1. Prepare the meat by cutting away any remaining bone and cutting pieces into bite-size chunks.
2. Place you dutch oven over hot coals (or gas) and preheat your olive oil.
3. Brown the chopped onion.
4. Brown the meat.
5. Add garlic and stir.
6. Add spices (paprika, chilly powder, salt and pepper) and stir.
7. Add tomato paste and stir.
8. Add diced tomatoes and stir.
9. Add Coke and wine and stir.
10. Put the lid on and let it simmer for around an hour on low heat.
11. Once you’re happy with the consistency of the sauce, remove the dutch oven from the heat source and let it stand for a few minutes.
12. Serve with sour cream and mixed herbs with fresh bread on the side