GPS Coordinates: S22 58 39.1 E29 09 03.0 (Gate)
Blouberg Nature Reserve is situated in the lowveld of northern Limpopo around 5 hours drive from Johannesburg. The closest town is Vivo.
This little known 9300ha reserve ranges from mountainous terrain to bushveld with a rich diversity of plant and animal life. Unique features include the tamboti woodland, fig forest, baobabs and the Brak River floodplain.
The Molope Bush Camp consists of 5 private unfenced camping sites between 20 and 40 meters apart from each other.
- Campsite 1 is some distance away from the others and is fairly open. It has one large tree in the middle of the site. It wil comfortably fit two offroad caravans, trailers or tents. Maximum six people per site.
- Campsite 2 is smaller and has all-day shade. It will accommodate two trailers or tents but two caravans will be a tight fit. There are some sunspots for your solar panels but you’ll have to move them around. Molope camp doesn’t have any electricity.
- Campsite 3 is the most private site but furthest away from the ablutions. It will also fit two trailers or tents
- Campsite 4 is at the end of the camp. It will also accommodate two trailers or tents. All sites have a bin and firepit.
- Campsite 5 is right next to the ablutions and will also fit two trailers or tents.
The ablutions are basic and feature two flushing toilets and showers, one open air. Hot water is provided with a donkey (fire water heater).
The reserve is well suited for self-drive game viewing and has some great hides and waterholes. Animals on the reserve include leopard, cheetah, hyena, buffalo and many different species of antelope.
Whether you’re visiting Blouberg on your way to the Thuli block, Mapungubwe or as a holiday destination, I highly recommend it.
Bookings can be made through the email or telephone;
+27(0)78 869 5240
Per campsite (2018/19):
Base rate R250 per night (1 – 2 guests).
Additional adults/children R80/R40 per night.
Max 6 guests per site.
Firewood is available to purchase